• Sat. May 25th, 2024

The Top Benefits of Using Quartz Countertops in the Kitchen

Bytechbusinessmagazine

Apr 19, 2023

Even though granite countertops have been used for long, these days, quartz is becoming a more popular choice when it comes to kitchen countertops. Data shows that sales of quartz countertops have increased significantly in the last decade or so. But, why are they becoming so popular amongst designers and homeowners? Here are some of the top benefits of using quartz countertops in the kitchen.

The durability and toughness

Since they are man-made slabs, quartz countertops comprise of 90% quartz and the remaining 10% is colored pigments and binding polymers. As they have a high quartz content, it makes them exceptionally durable and hard. Thanks to their durability, they are an excellent material for countertops where you routinely bang down pans, pots, cups, knives and plates. Due to its toughness, quartz is able to resist stains, chipping and scratches. You can use your quartz countertops for years without worrying about cracks and scratches.

They are nonporous

Quartz countertops have a nonporous surface because of the way they are engineered. This means that the countertops don’t have any cracks or holes where liquids can soak in. This makes them ideal for the kitchen where spills happen all the time. It also means that you do not have to worry about stains from the spills because of the nonporous surface. Apart from that, this kind of surface is also sanitary because viruses, bacteria and germs will not get lodged into your countertop. Moreover, it is easier to wipe and clean the nonporous surface of quartz countertops.

Ease of maintenance

When you choose countertops of other materials, such as concrete, or granite, they will have to be coated with wax or a sealant to maintain their shine. This hassle can be eliminated with quartz countertops because they do not need a lot of maintenance. You will have no trouble in cleaning them either because of their nonporous surface. There is no need for an intense scrubbing session to get rid of the stains. All you have to do is wipe down with a cloth and some soap and water and you are good to go.

Lots of styles

As mentioned earlier, the durability of quartz countertops comes from the fact that they are man-made and this also has another benefit; these can be engineered to have a wide range of aesthetics and colors. The same does not apply to natural stone, which exists in limited colors. Quartz, on the other hand, is available in a wide array of styles and colors because it is manufactured. Therefore, you can get your quartz countertops to match your overall kitchen and home décor.

Uniform in feel and look

If you want a uniform look and feel for your kitchen countertop, quartz is the way to go. Natural stone cannot offer you the same because they come from Mother Nature, which means there are variations in texture and color. Quartz countertops can feel and look the same throughout and this will give you a consistent style that can add to the overall aesthetic of your kitchen.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *